Thursday 29 August 2019

500: Off Target

It's Post #500, and time for another work of fiction. Unlike last time, I noticed this milestone approaching, yet I haven't had time to write anything new. So I revamped something from 2017 to be less racy, and present it below. The yuri (girl love) angle is evident, the temporal angle takes some time to get going. The images are my first digital experiments with my Wacom tablet. In the writing, I was experimenting with mind control - yet not mind control? You be the judge.

The History:
Post #100 of this blog was "Time for a Superheroine" (Oct 2013). Post #200 of this blog was "No Reason" (Aug 2015). My continued efforts to write short fiction continued in #246 "Suppression" and #261 "In The Dark", based on prompts from "Web Fiction Guide". Post #300 of this blog was "A Bunny's Tale" (Jan 2017). Post #400 was "Relative Change" (Jan 2018). We have now reached Post #500 in August 2019.

=====

OFF TARGET


Kristen's kiss compulsion started on Monday.

To be precise, Monday afternoon, in the college library, when she was reading her biology text at one of the study slots. As Kristen had skipped lunch, she was feeling hungry.

‘I could go for a cheeseburger,’ she mused, looking up. ‘Or a salad would be healthier. Or maybe I'll kiss the girl.’

Kristen nearly overbalanced her chair, baffled as to where that last thought had come from.

She took a quick look around the area. What girl had she even meant? Was anyone looking her way? Was some telepath having an off day, perhaps?

People with esper powers were notoriously bad at being able to hit their desired target. Particularly if the telepath in question was younger than about 25, which described almost every student here. It was why non-disclosure forms were required to attend this particular college, powered or not. Blackmail was against the rules.

Kristen had already been on the receiving end of a few weird messages over her three years here. And while she had no abilities herself, if you wanted to research esper, this was the college to come to. The only place where she might be able to find the missing piece to her theory of the targeting ability.

At present, the only person around that Kristen took some note of was the girl two carousels down, typing something into a laptop. That girl, like her, was a blonde. Though her hair was much shorter; Kristen’s was long enough to pull back into her usual ponytail. The girl also wore a simple blouse and short skirt, in contrast to Kristen’s jeans and T-shirt.

The shorter hair meant a good view of her slightly rosy cheeks, while the skirt exposed a pair of creamy white thighs. Both elegant targets, offering such kissable skin. Kiss the girl...

Kristen slapped her textbook closed and stood up. She was totally heterosexual, she had to be, given how she had never had such thoughts before. She'd been working too hard, and somehow, the refrain from that "Little Mermaid" song was getting stuck in her head, leading to her synapses misfiring due to hunger.

Then again, maybe that blonde girl was some kind of latent esper, who hadn’t gotten a handle on not broadcasting her deepest fantasies to everyone in the vicinity? Also plausible.

Kristen went to find a salad to eat.

She'd have thought nothing more of it, except the thought came back, during Kristen’s Monday evening class. Troublingly, she wasn't hungry at the time.

There was simply a girl, a redhead, who had nearly fallen asleep in the room, and had thus slumped back in her chair. She was in the same row as Kristen, so Kristen had looked at her. At how that hair framed the girl's face. Then down at the curves of her body, and then back up to the way her lower lip quivered with her regular breathing. She had kissable lips. Kiss the girl.

Kristen banged the heel of her hand into her forehead a couple times, and refocussed on the lecture.

**

The thought happened at least five more times on Tuesday. The triggering seemed completely random.

For instance, a blonde with long hair and a very short skirt who was pursing her lips at a mirror she held. ‘Kiss the girl.’ An admittedly cute redhead doing leg lifts as part of their yoga class. ‘Kiss the girl.’ A short haired brunette with a sweet smile in the cafeteria, who accidentally knocked a cup of water onto herself. ‘Kiss the girl.’

Seriously, what the hell? Kristen was having trouble putting the phrase out of her head that night.

Then another three times on Wednesday morning, before lunch.

Kristen found she had started eyeing the people around her, trying to see if she was being psychically targeted by someone. She found she had to tell herself that she wasn't scoping out pretty girls, no, she was trying to see if there was someone - male or female - who was always in the area when she got that inevitable thought.

Her friend Alana picked up on the behaviour during their scheduled lunch. "Uh, Kristen, is everything okay?"


Alana was a telepath, but she had asked out loud. After all, though Alana’s targeting was pretty good on most days, she couldn’t know Kristen’s answer unless it was spoken aloud, and in general, a one sided verbal conversation was rude.

The fact of the matter was, esper thought READING was incredibly rare. Usually it was broadcast only. Of course, there was still a lot they didn’t know about the power, it had been suppressed for centuries. Hence, Kristen’s studies.

“I’m fine,” Kristen assured her brunette friend, refocusing her attention. “Just been feeling distracted this morning. Wondering if someone around me has been broadcasting stray thoughts. Or a thought, at least.” Kiss the girl. Wait, had that been a broadcast, or just her thinking about it?

"Any particular thought?"

Kristen felt a heat rising in her cheeks. “Maybe. Have you picked up on anything?”

“No.” Alana frowned. “We telepaths usually know when we’re ‘on’ or ‘off’ for transmitting, Kristen. Stray thoughts are rare.”

“I know. But maybe I’ve had some effect on this person. Somehow.”

“Flattering yourself, huh?” Alana grinned, even as she scratched her head. “Well, I guess I can keep an eye out. You can always talk to admin as well. You know they crack down on mental suggestion stuff pretty hard.”

“Thanks. I might. But I think I want to keep this particular new thought private for now.”

Kristen found her gaze zeroing in on Alana's lips. No ‘kiss the girl’ suggestion on her friend, at least. Good. Unless that thought counted? Damn it, was she being mentally trained to no longer be sure of her own thoughts?

“Something on my face?” Alana wondered.

“What? Er, no,” Kristen assured, quickly looking away. They didn’t speak of it again.

**

By Thursday evening, Kristen was trying to balance every stray ‘kiss the girl’ thought - which now occurred almost once every hour - with a stare towards a guy and an active ‘kiss the guy’ thought. Except by that evening, she simply felt hot and bothered, acutely aware of the fact that she hadn’t had sex in over a month. She'd never had much luck keeping a boyfriend, her studies tended to be her priority.

This couldn't go on.

Was she the unwitting subject of some study by first year psych students? Oh sure, everyone on campus had to sign that acceptance form, ensuring no pressing of charges against placebo investigations. But there was a clause in there ensuring no active mental manipulations. That’s why admin could be harsh for anything non-consensual. And this was becoming mental manipulation. Wasn't it?

I mean, how could all these stray thoughts (thought, Kristen corrected herself, it was always the same one) be due to any sort of passive influence? What the hell was it about lesbianism that was catching her interest this week?

She’d almost caved and talked to administration that afternoon. But at this point, she had the sneaking suspicion that she was simply thinking the thought on her own, owing to it's repetition earlier in the week. Meaning she’d seem to them like a sex starved idiot.

Besides, this thought, this kissing of girls, it could be related to the upcoming unit on relationships, in her health class. Right? She’d almost convinced herself of that.

After all, this wasn't a suggestion to run naked through campus or anything. It was just... she wanted to kiss the girl. Kristen was sliding her fingers over her lips before she caught herself.

Damn it, there wasn't even a girl around her now! Why was she the one to get ‘kiss the girl’ vibes on campus anyway? If this was part of some study going on, why wouldn't the psych students be broadcasting the thought to guys instead? Or at least people more inclined to act on the compulsion? After all, she liked boys, not other girls, so this thought was very confusing.

Kristen started to undress for the night, fuming.

The flaw in her reasoning, she realized almost right away, was that the only part of the statement she was sure of was that she liked boys. I mean, could it be, she was bi? Was that it? It was a new theory, at least.

Except why would it take over twenty years of her life to figure that out? And wouldn't she have considered dating Alana, if that were the case? Alana was cute, there was nothing wrong with her friend. Unless... girl kisses had to taste different than boy kisses, right? So did brunette kisses taste different than blonde ones? Was that related?

This was messing her up.

Kristen stalked over to the mirror on her desk and pointed at it. "You simply need to get laid," she asserted to herself. "Tomorrow, Friday night, we're hitting the bar."

That decision made, Kristen managed to fall asleep with only minimal squirming.

**

Somehow, Friday morning was even worse. It was like, now that she'd thought about how kissing a girl might taste, every girl she saw, she wondered what they tasted like.

It was tempting to walk up to girls and ask them about their lip gloss. But that was crazy. If only she could know without asking... but telepaths only pushed thoughts, retrieval was a rare gift, and Kristen wasn’t gifted either way.

Also, she belatedly reminded herself, she wasn’t into other girls. She wasn't. She just needed to kiss the girl. Maybe a boy. Anyone. Preferably a girl. Was she bisexual? Wow, that blonde was cute, such smooth skin...

Kristen started to look only at the ground as she walked. It sort of helped. It was only as she was stumbling back towards her dorm that afternoon, taking the long way around in hopes of not staring at every girl she passed, that things started to become clear.

In her peripheral vision, a nervous looking redhead sitting on a bench in a hallway caught her eye.

Kiss the girl.

‘Shut it!’ Kristen thought to herself, for what felt like the hundredth time that day. She tried to push on, but something about this situation in particular compelled her to take another look.

The redhead, like so many other girls she'd seen that day, looked kinda cute. She was wearing a glossy black T-shirt and matching skirt, tall white socks, and was glancing over towards a particular room in the building they were both in. Though she was trying not to make it obvious how that’s what she was doing. Which room?

Kristen looked herself. It was the room for the LGBT club. Because of course she'd subconsciously come here. Somewhere that Kristen might have a chance to kiss a girl, at last.

Her lips weren't dry, but Kristen found herself licking them. That's when she realized that something about the redhead nearby was saying 'kiss the girl', more so than anyone else she’d seen that day.

Because this girl had to swing that way? Could she oblige? Maybe. The two of them even looked to be about the same age. And she was pretty. Yes, kiss the girl...

‘Shut it, shut it!’ Kristen mentally asserted. She'd simply see if the redhead was okay, and then get herself back to her dorm.

“Hey,” she ventured, approaching the shorter girl, trying to sound nonchalant. “Need a confidence boost to go over to the club there or anything?”

The redhead flinched. “I-Is it that obvious?”

Kristen shrugged. “Not really. There are very nice people in that club though. That is, so I've heard. I've never been in. Since I'm not... that is, I don't think I'm... uh, never mind. But I could get a club member to come to you, if you like?”

“It's fine.” The redhead licked her own lips, seemingly sizing Kristen up. “Are you a second year student too?"

"Third," Kristen corrected.

The girl nodded. "Close enough. You wanna go somewhere instead? Just the two of us? I’m Whet, by the way."

Kristen did a double take. "You're what now?"

"Whet. My name. Spelled with an 'h'."

Kristen felt the heat back in her cheeks. "Right, of course. Uh, look, Whet, I don’t identify. In fact, I don’t even come to this part of campus normally. I just happen to be here because, uh, look, never mind again."

Whet smiled. She really did have lovely lips. "Okay, well, did you have a name too, or shall I simply call you 'pretty blonde third year'?"

"Oh, sorry. Um, you can call me Krissy.” Mentally, Kristen cringed. Why was she giving out her cutesy name? Was she flirting? Whet had called her pretty, after all. No, no, she was getting out of her depth here. “I should go," Kristen back-pedalled. "You looked like you might want to talk to someone is all, Whet.”

“That's sweet to say, Krissy. I like the style of your ponytail. Could you at least answer me something before you leave?"

Kristen pulled her gaze away from Whet's wet lips. "Ah, sure."

Whet's head tilted to the side. "Do you find me cute?”

Kristen knew she was blushing now, and she wiped her palms on her jeans. "I guess? Maybe? But it's not for me to say, as I don’t... that is, I'm not...” She couldn’t finish the sentence. Because she couldn't seem to stop looking at Whet. So some part of her obviously did like girls? Or had since Monday. Why?

“You sure you don’t at least swing both ways, Krissy?”

Kiss the girl. Kristen jerked her gaze away. “I don't know," she found herself saying. "Look, maybe now’s not the best time to chat. I’m feeling real distracted today. This week, in fact. I should go. Maybe another time, Whet?” She glanced back.

Whet smiled at her again. Oh, those lips. “Are you distracted because of me, Krissy?”

“Y-Yes. No. Sorry, I should go.” Kristen turned and began to walk away. She found it took effort, but she managed to put some distance between them.

"Is there no message on your mind that you'd like to share first?" Whet called out.

Kristen didn't answer. She put one foot in front of the other. There, easy. She did it again. And again.

“Wait, Krissy," Whet pleaded. "Wait, please, listen, this is because of me. It's my fault. But hear me out before you leave for good? Please?" The words tumbled forth, and while Whet's tone had previously been nervous, then flirty, it now sounded serious. Maybe even a bit desperate.

Kristen stopped a couple paces away from the hallway door, and after a moment, looked back over her shoulder. Whet had jumped to her feet. “Hear you out about what?”

Whet ran her fingers back through her red hair. “Okay, so, here’s the thing. My esper ability? It's unique. It weirds time. When I try to send thoughts into people’s heads, it turns out I can hit a person wicked accurate. My identity targeting never misses. Except... the thought arrives anywhere from three to seven days prior to when I sent it. I don't know why.”

Kiss the girl. Kristen felt her throat going dry. “Oh yes?”

Whet nodded. “Most espers, they have trouble targeting a specific individual, right? For whatever reason, that’s not my issue. I’m always off target with time instead. The thought then resonates inside the other person's mind for all those days up to when I actually send it. Sometimes becoming an obsession, though that’s rare. It depends a bit on the target's psyche."

Kristen turned. This was fascinating. A space-time connection was possibly even the missing piece for her research. "You could change the past that way," she realized. "Even prevent someone's death, by sending a message to them."

Whet shook her head. "Not really? I mean, I can't lock on to someone who's dead in my present. Though I suppose I could target a bystander, but even then there's no guarantee how things will play out. Plus long messages tend to garble." The shorter girl took in a deep breath. "Look, Krissy. My ability comes down to probability waveforms. Which I often sense around myself. Now more than ever." 

Kristen took a step closer to Whet. Kiss the girl. “Waveforms?”

“Yeah. As soon as you spoke to me, I realized that I must have sent something to you. Subtly guiding you to this spot. But since I try to only ever use my power consensually, I haven't sent the message yet."

Kristen pulled her gaze away from Whet's lips again. "Wait, what?"

"I haven't sent you a message yet," Whet repeated. "And maybe I never will? But right now, there’s a greater than 50 percent chance you’ll let my message remain our true reality. Since it's the reality currently playing out. It can happen once you trust that I'm not doing all this to manipulate you, I think. After all, some part of you wants to be here too. Right?”

Sure, because Whet was academically interesting. Also kissable. So, hold on, had Kristen come here for the link to her research, or the LGBT club? Everything was becoming a jumble. Kristen settled for saying, “Is that so.”

“That’s what I figure.” Whet rubbed her nose. “There's two outcomes here, Krissy. If you walk out the nearest door, your last seven days or so will change. It’s usually pretty subtle, from what I understand, because no message I ever send is about buying lottery numbers or anything. I’ve learned to be real careful. To not get noticed. I don't like lots of attention."

Kristen stared. "Yet you're telling me this now."

Whet nodded. "Sure, since if you leave, you won’t even remember meeting me.”

So she wasn't going to remember the most interesting case study of her life? Or Whet's kissable lips? Kristen curled her toes in her shoes, wishing she could shut off the mental refrain of ‘kiss the girl', which was starting to crowd out her other thoughts. Damn Disney for making it a song. Distracting her intellectual side. “And if I don’t walk out?” she asked.

Whet shrugged. “You'll stay here. Tell me what the message is that helped us to meet, I'll send it, the waveforms will collapse... and we’ll likely have a fling, brief or otherwise. I am actually a lesbian, in case you hadn’t realized.”

"I'm not," Kristen managed.

Whet giggled. "I didn't say we had to date, just go back to my place for a while."

Kristen bit down on the edge of her tongue. "So then you did this to me for sex, Whet?"

Whet looked aghast. "No! Krissy, please. I haven't done anything yet, that's what I'm trying to explain," she insisted. "Also, I wouldn't send a thought like 'hot for Whet'. For all I know it was 'stalk the LGBT room'. I only figure I sent something that will lead us to a fling, because you keep looking at my lips and my thighs, and now your fingers are inches away from cupping your own breast. Nice body, by the way. Do you need custom bras?"

With a start, Kristen pulled her hands behind her back. "Yes," she answered by reflex. "Also, none of your business."

Whet nodded. "I see." She stared in silence for a moment. "Well, if you're sure that I'm being manipulative, I guess you'll be walking out of here. I hope some part of you remembers that you are very pretty, at least." With a sad smile, Whet looked away.

"I..." Kristen stared. This was ridiculous. Was this redheaded girl saying that all Kristen had to do to get rid of her same sex kissing cravings was to walk away? Moreover, that if she did walk away, it would be like this week of girl-centric events had never happened?

It was too crazy not to be true. So the next question was, did she want to leave? To maybe never learn more about Whet’s esper time ability? Because the price for knowing seemed to be lesbian urges. Kiss the girl. But the price for not knowing... okay, maybe she’d had these desires deep down even before Monday anyway? Was that possible? Was she bargaining with herself?

Kristen cleared her throat. “Wh-What will the last five days look like instead, if I walk off?” She realized she'd used 'if', not 'when', and wondered if Whet had noticed.

“I can’t answer that, Krissy," Whet said, turning back. "In the end, we’ll only know the one reality. I’d have the same problem knowing how a message WOULD change a life with someone I meet who has a LESS than 50 percent chance of letting my message stick. It's the probability waveforms.”

Kristen tried to process that. "But... if the chance of the message is less than 50 percent..."

"How would we even meet?" Whet finished. She smiled again, and Kristen wished Whet wasn't so extra kissable when she did that. "That's why it’s more rare. We'd have to encounter each other another way. And I won’t always spot the waveforms then, or bother to speak up if I do. Since saying something would change my reality in such a case, instead of preserve it. But people have been known to surprise me.”

This girl was amazing. For her power, though, not for the little freckles Kristen could now see. Not for those, or that shiny outfit Whet wore, or for her slightly parted thighs. Her esper power was amazing. Not her lips. Right?

Kristen raked her fingers through her ponytail, wondering when she'd walked back to stand next to Whet. Kiss the girl. “Look, if only MY past changes, won’t YOU remember this conversation? Somehow? Could you come to talk to me tomorrow, if I asked you to?”

Whet pursed her lips, as if considering how to reply. Except that just make Kristen want to kiss her even more. She fought down a moan.


There was a battle going on here, Kristen decided. Between her rational mind, and her sexed-up Whet-altered mind. Except weren't they, in fact, the same mind? Could Whet’s projected thought have simply fanned some ember of girl-love that already existed, deep down? It's not like her male relationships had ever been stellar. Was she realizing a truth about herself here? There was no way to know. Was there?

“There’s only one reality,” Whet said at last. “Granted, I do feel echoes. So when I see you again for the first time, if it ever happens, I’ll mentally know that you were someone I'd hoped to meet. But I won’t know details. I’ll only know you were someone who rejected me. That’s why, if you leave, it’s almost certain that we’ll never talk again. I mean, why would I talk to someone whom I suspect hates my quirky power?”

“Oh, not hate, Whet, gods no," Kristen gasped, reaching for Whet's hand before checking herself. She wiped her sweaty palms on her jeans again. "This time aspect, it amazes me. It’s just..." Kiss the girl. "I don't know if I can grasp..."

If only there was some way to think about this without her girl-kiss brain interfering. Yet that brain was what had brought her by the LGBT club, right? To meet Whet? Okay, so maybe something else could have brought her here instead?

“Wh-What if I don’t give you the real message? What if I switch it up a bit?” Kristen asked.

“We into bargaining now?" Whet said, her smile gone.

Kristen desperately wanted to grasp Whet by the chin and kiss the smile back onto her face. "No? I-I'm feeling very sexually confused right now," she admitted.

Whet nodded. "Picking up on that. Look, Krissy, I'm sorry, but any other message I send wouldn’t guarantee that you come here to me. You might end up with some other stray thought in your head that's my fault, never knowing why, trapping yourself in a reality away from this explanation. I don't want to do that to you. It's never my intention to do things without consent."

Kristen clenched and unclenched her fingers. "Whet, that makes no sense. How could I end up with a thought you transmit, if you never see me to transmit the thought?"

Whet shrugged. "I said it might happen. There's a lot about my esper power that I'm still trying to figure out. Honestly, normally people just tell me the message, or ignore me outright. You’re one of these curious quantum cases. You mostly want me - but part of you doesn’t."

Kristen bristled. What the hell did that mean? Her heterosexuality was resisting? Or maybe it was her academic side resisting, not liking the existence of this kind of power. The power to weird time. Because she'd never seen anything like it in all of her research, and it would involve a major rethink. Kiss the girl.

“Damn it," Kristen said, stamping her foot. "You’re sure I won’t talk to you again if I walk off, Whet? You seem nice enough. You also seem to...” She stopped herself.

Whet's head tilted again. "To?"

Kristen licked her lips. To need a friend, is what she'd been about to say. It had just occurred to her that if Whet liked to keep to herself, and had to be very careful with her thoughts, she probably didn't have a huge social circle. And Whet had seemed a bit desperate, when Kristen had first walked away.

Would a one night stand with Whet be so bad?

Except would it even be a one night stand? What if Kristen liked having sex with women? And with Whet in particular?

Kristen realized she'd been contextualizing her recent kissing desires as that sort of life change, rather than a week of experimentation. Why? Couldn't it be a simple fling? Why the drastic outlook? Was it because of Whet's thought becoming an obsession? Or was there more to it, deep down? Damn it, if only she could KNOW, one way or the other.

As it was, Whet was still staring at her. Kristen caught herself before her hands went wandering again.

"To have a real cool esper ability," Kristen finished, lamely. "I don't have one at all. But I do a lot of research, you see."

Whet stared at her, perhaps wondering if there had been something more. "Uh huh," she said at last. "Well, let me put it this way, Krissy. My message, the one prompting your subconscious to be here? Which could even be what pushed you to talk to me? Once you walk out of here, it won’t have occurred. So, why would you insist on talking to me from your end in that future, particularly if I’m dismissive of you for thinking you hate my ability? Tell me that, Krissy. Tell me, what's so special about me?”

"It's that I want to kiss you," Kristen blurted, without thinking. Kiss the girl. "I've wanted to since I saw you. I only wonder if maybe I'd have wanted that even if you hadn't sent me any messages."

Whet eyed her. "Free will? That the problem?"

Kristen was fascinated. And infuriated. “Yes. No. I don't know! Whet, you are without a doubt, one of the most interesting people I have ever met. But I don't think I was bisexual last week."

Whet continued to stare. "But you're not sure."

"No, I'm not."

"And you're saying that you are bi now."

"Yes, maybe I am!” she admitted. “And maybe we should just end this by having you send me the time thought already, since you've probably figured out what it is by now."

Whet slowly shook her head. "Only with permission, Krissy. That's where the free will comes in. Besides, I'm not as certain as you believe. It could be ‘am I bisexual?’, or ‘redheads are sexy!’ or ‘a fling with a certain lesbian girl on campus this Friday night would be mind blowing’. Though that last one’s a bit long, and as I said, long messages tend to garble and fragment, no matter how true they are.”

Kristen bristled again, only to realize that Whet was teasing her. Teasing! Adorable. Kristen held back a giggle, realizing she was sexually aroused now, no question about it. Whet was short and sweet and might taste sweet for a short time and Kristen felt herself breathing faster.

She didn't want to risk not seeing Whet again. This was no longer a question of if they would kiss, but when. Presumably, as soon as Kristen gave Whet the message. Kiss the girl.

“Whet?" she murmured, moving her lips closer. Kiss the girl. "I gotta know one more thing. Is it possible that, now I know the context of this thought you sent, I’ll only be lesbian or bi or whatever it is for you? Not overall?”

Whet shrugged. "I don't know you well enough to say, not yet. Maybe a night in bed with me turns you off boys for good." Her playful tone then became serious again. "Or maybe you’ll ask me to send you more mental messages in the future, to change the way you’ve looked at yourself sexually, or at the world in general. I mean, I don't get that vibe from you. Given how your first instinct was to use my power to save people. But I can’t always tell what’s in someone’s heart. It’s a trust thing.”

Kristen stopped herself a couple inches away from Whet's face. Kiss the girl. "You've been burned before."

Whet nodded slowly. "Lil' bit."

Kiss the girl. "I'm sorry."

"It's fine. You didn't do it. And know you can still run out the nearest door, Krissy. Though I sense the waveforms are collapsing now, and not in that direction. Maybe because you know a part of me will be sad to have lost you? If so, I’m sorry. Please, you have to want us to have a fling too, I don't want it to be only me. Okay?”

Kiss the girl. Kristen wiggled her tongue in her mouth, resisting the urge to push it out and between Whet's lips. Kiss the girl. "I don't know what I want any more. I will say you’re kind of scary, Whet. But you’re fascinating too, and nice, and fun. I see that now too.” Kiss the girl. Kristen hoped she wasn’t drooling. "I do want to get to know you better."

Whet's breath tickled at Kristen's nose. "I'm not sure what more you'd get in one night, other than as you said, somewhere between scary and fascinatingly fun,” she said. “So last chance for your second thoughts."

A haze seemed to be settling over her. Kiss the girl. Kristen slid her nose in against Whet's, their lips almost touching. Kiss the girl. “Hunh, what?” What second thoughts? Kiss the girl. Somehow, all she could think now about was how turned on she was getting, and where she wanted to stick her tongue. Kiss the girl. The girl, who could become her girlfriend. "Why would we stop at one night, Whet?" she cooed.

“Krissy, cutie, listen. The waveforms are almost gone. If you're not certain you want to tell me the message, maybe we--”

"Nnngh, send this, Whet," Kristen interrupted. "Kiss the girl." With that, she grasped the redhead by the shoulders and mashed her lips in.

The kiss lasted a long time, both girls getting a bit of a tongue workout before Whet finally pushed Kristen back slightly. They each tried to catch their breath.

"Sent," Whet breathed. "P-Possibly more than once. You were a bit... distracting."

"Whatever," Kristen panted. "That tasted... it was amazing. Show me more, Whet, show me everything. I want you so bad right now, SO bad."

Whet smiled. "Meaning you want more of my weird esper power, or more of my body?"

"Yes," Kristen moaned. And as the pretty redhead reached out to pull her back towards her dorm room, Kristen realized the blanket affirmation made perfect sense. The two aspects of Whet were a package deal.

Much like her esper research, and her bisexual desires. In the end, both of those things simply went hand-in-hand. Like they always had.

Right?


END


***

Hope that didn't get too long for you. Thanks for reading down this far. What do you think, mind control? Predestiny? Something else? Let me know, if you have the time.

If you want to read more, Virga Mysteries: Balancing Act is my currently running serial. I've also been contributing columns to the Time Travel Nexus about the "Steins;Gate" anime series this year, if you like reading reviews and/or about time travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment