Saturday, 5 January 2019

Now Parenting: Week 29

Sunday: Managed back to sleep until after 6am. (Dreams of diving to mystery ship became trouble with photocopier.) With Alexandra after about 6:45am for an hour, then started with car loading while Grandpa shovelled. Breakfast at 8am. (Included a look in the Santa, as with previous breakfast, as hadn't managed it the first night.) On the road just after 9am. At Nick's just before 10am, second breakfast.
Previous INDEX Next
On the road around 11:30am, at Trenton for 1pm. Back on road after 1:30, mostly sobs through to Kingston, stopped at Cataraqui mall there. Food court lunch, little one fell asleep. Left just before 3:30pm, half hour later at last "on route" as she woke up. Left there after 4:30pm, even more sobs until at home after 6pm. Started bed routine. Paper books not so great, as she eats them (need thick pages). Dinner after 7:30pm, downstairs after 9pm.

Monday: Woke up before 6:30am, then had baby constipation issues. Early wheat breakfast. Took over at 7:15am for 4.5 hours, including standard snooze and cute sleep from 10am to 11:45am in my lap. Then dealt with ice, dishes, shower, shopping... home after 3pm. Passing of the little one, including a snooze with me ending at 5:30pm after company arrived. Started bath routine after 6:30pm. Managed to be asleep in crib by 8pm but only with music. Celebrations with relatives, champagne at 10pm, left after 11pm. Alexandra fussed 11:45pm, all together in bed before end of Flames game, bit of Nash, Happy New Year. Stayed upstairs.

Tuesday: Leg cramp 2:30am, Anne-Lise took watch 5:30am, woke after 7am. With Alexandra for just over 3 hours from 7:45am (two snoozes). Breakfast, finished dishes, called aunt, left for another gathering 12:30pm. Left there 3:30pm with the little one myself, snooze on the way home then later at home, overall just under 3 hours. Towards bath/bed before 7pm, success before 8pm, though one interruption to the "Doctor Who" episode. Headed downstairs after 10pm. Beat.

Wednesday: Woke after 5am from standard 6 hr sleep, decided to try and get some stuff done. Tricky change with Alexandra, with her for two hours (including snooze) from 6:45am. Back and forth for laundry and shovelling, after snooze they went visiting from 11:45am. They were back five hours later (some grading got done, plus got a new $10 at the drug store), in time for first attempt at dinner (crushed beef and sweet potatoes). She wasn't so sure about those. Vectored to bath before 6:30pm. Bed in about an hour but hiccup at 8:15pm. No music though! Tried story editing, downstairs 11pm.

Thursday: Dreamt was with math news again, had to hurry to catch train after talking with Schrum? Standard sleep. Both ladies of the house sick, with Alexandra from 7am to try and encourage more sleep. Ripped pants retrieving soother. She slept 2.5 hours after 8am, so it was worth it (had some micro sleeps where I dreamt she was awake and I was bouncing her on my leg). Some play on the mat, breakfast, out after noon, left little one with grandparents from 1pm to 3:45pm (saw "Spiderverse" with Anne-Lise, work plans fell through). Then tea and home for 5pm. Near choke of dinner before 6:30pm ended that quick, so bath and crib. Done before 8pm but much in and out between 9:30 and 10:30pm. Went downstairs an hour later.

Friday: Standard sleep for me, apparently really good sleep for the ladies. Alexandra slept until 7:30am. I only took her for half an hour, then breakfast and everything before our cleaning service came. More snow shovelling. 90 minutes with little one from 10:30am including standard snooze, then finished story edits. Out at 1:45pm to Doctor's, home again (solo) at 4pm, crashed for an hour. Out for dinner at 6:30pm, not home (with all) until 8:30pm, immediate bath/crib. (Trying with giraffe soother.) Then more fussing at 9:30, and 9:45, and I'm downstairs after 10pm, exhausted despite the nap.

Saturday: Heard something upstairs at 4:15am, otherwise got sleep. All still asleep after 6:30am, so graded papers, then with Alexandra for an hour. Breakfast after 8:45am, then out. Home by noon, de-icing driveway and grading, everyone else back 3pm, still grading. Was with little one for 90 minutes (including standard snooze), then dinner after 6pm. In crib before 8pm but disruption around 8:30pm (bracketed by minor issues). Caught some Nash, while grading, downstairs after 10pm. Sign language class may not have enough signups to run, that sucks.

Item counts run Sunday (Dec 30) to Saturday (Jan 5).

Step Count 2016: About 52,000
Step Count 2017: Over 56,300 (14 stars).
STEP COUNT 2018: Over 64,750. 8 stars.

FROM 2016:
-Roundup posts, finally started tackling item backlog post-writing.
FROM 2017:
-Sick AGAIN, so was either moping or very busy doing things.

SchoolMail 2016: 5 (0 sent)
SchoolMail 2017: 17 (2 sent)
SCHOOL EMAIL 2018: 5 New (1 sent)
Holding at DAY 78 -1(tornado). (Includes 2 PD Days.)

 -Finished grading 3M trig tests
 -Started grading 4U stat tests

 -Drew, inked and coloured image for "Chanced Erasures"
 -Thursday Comic Tea Party Chat
 -Another 3,000 words (mostly addition revisions) for "Time Untied"

 -Long (8+ hr) drive Sat (incl visit)
 -New Years Eve with relatives Mon
 -New Years visit with relatives Tues
 -Spiderverse movie with Anne-Lise Thurs
 -Snow/Ice shovelling (cumulative)
 -Alexandra checkup & vaccinations
 -Dinner with relatives Fri
 -Brunch with friends Sat
 -Lotus Prince's "Resident Evil Survivor 2" (current vid)

 -Dinner, Dentist, Staff mtg, Playgroup, exam setting, Sign class(??)

 -Recap for CanCon 2018
 -Write a TANDQ article on Polling and Bias
 -Write a post about types of praise/encouragement
 -Catching up with web serials/comics (from ~May 2018)
 -Read some of the books sitting at my desk

RH Stress Level: 6 (Break Shoot)

No comments:

Post a Comment