Saturday, 1 September 2018

Now Parenting: Week 11

The main event Sunday morning was the weigh-in, discovering that Alexandra hadn’t gained any weight (still at 9 pounds, 1 ounce). So, disconcerting and puzzling. Then to the train station, and home (she drank 5 ounces then), and back out later to pick up a video unit for my Uncle Steve. Bath time was fine.
Previous INDEX Next

Monday was a bigger day, Dad had some time in the morning, then again when Anne-Lise went to pick up a prescription. Alexandra seemed to be wanting to communicate while rocking in the chair (and she liked looking at the panda rattle, much like she’s more interested in mobiles now), not that Dad understood. We headed out to Hawkesbury about 2:30pm (then back for the bassinet, mental note, make lists), arriving only shortly before the bank appointment (oops).

In a hot office, apparently the wee one’s skin can flush red! O.o And in addition to lists, don’t change plans last minute, Anne-Lise said rather than bottles, bring the Similac itself, and then I’m at a Shoppers in Hawkesbury (it’s all French) to buy more. It was good with Suzanne though, after talking Power of Attorney, we had photos, and talked over dinner (Alexandra in the Ktan) and later Dad played with the wee one on the mat while the others chatted. WOW did it rain on the way back after 9pm though.

Tuesday’s vaccinations went surprisingly well, in less than an hour, you’d never know she’d been disrupted by anything more than my sneezing. She was up an ounce, recommendation was an extra (fourth) bottle during the day. Was able to pull together more posts that afternoon, and dishes - then there was a diaper blowout before bed (which I guess beats in bed?).

Wednesday I went to work. Got documents updated and photocopied, learned somehow I wasn’t getting some admin emails, was reminded of how slow computers are (gotta virus scan, apparently :P). Got home after shopping, quick lunch, time with Alexandra; apparently things weren’t bad for her in the morning. With Dad, wee one held her head up for several seconds during tummy time, and Mom figured out she likes a moving mobile, not a stopped one. Then she had hunger pains and more about 9pm though, causing something of a rift, and I should’ve traded dinner times with Anne-Lise, derp.

Thursday went better, despite the early rising to get Anne-Lise to blood work and optometrist. She got back shortly after wails, Dad made lunch and dinner, in between of which we were at the Lego exhibition at the Museum of Science & Technology. Alexandra wore shorts for the first time. Dad did hover too much as Gillian was there. Anne-Lise bought an explorers book for the wee one.

Later that evening during pumping, Dad heard an “oh wow” for the spinning mobile, and then Mom found not having the panda face on the rattle was less unnerving. Then in the bassinet, which was put in the crib for the first time for sleeps. 3am feeding in her room went okay; she loves that mobile now “but why is it here”. Then she wasn’t zonked like she’d been at 11pm, so bit harder to settle in. Anne-Lise checked on her, then was up at 6:30am and let me sleep to 9:15am. Then to 10:30am.

I took the wee one then, and the day became a bit of a roller coaster. Monitor battery life sucks, moved to have it always plugged in, necessitating a switch back of our sides on the bed. Did get dishes, comments, tweets and card to Mom done, in batches. Also walking with Alexandra after 5pm, swinging by DQ, and sleeping my arms. But she was screaming before 8pm then again before 9pm, and I did my best as Mommy was wiped out. (She eventually got the sling going, and Dad caught the last 15 minutes of his show.)

Possibly overfed Alexandra, due to the crying? At the 4:30am feed, she took five ounces, then had a complete throw up (not a spit up) about 6am, all over her and everything, so a trip to bed with us. I missed a burp, maybe? Never got settled after, less than four hours of total sleep. Mom decrees no more sleepwear either, her legs keep coming out of the sleeves and annoying her. Alexandra was all smiles for breakfast out though, and how can you be mad at that? Dad took her for 90 minutes at home after, which included needing to deal with a scary diaper solo. In the evening, it was 2.5 hours, the last 45 minutes of that sleeping in his arms. ^.^ Somehow, writing got done amidst all that.

Item counts run Sunday (Aug 26) to Saturday (Sept 1).

Step Count 2016: About 57,550
Step Count 2017: About 68,000 (20 stars).
STEP COUNT 2018: Over 59,100. 10 stars.
Only Friday was over 10k; only Tues was under 7.5k.

FROM 2016:
-Posted ConBravo 2016 recaps, continued T&T rewrites, read and walked.
FROM 2017:
-Spent 4 of 5 days dealing with teaching issues, launched on Tapas.

SchoolMail 2016: 22 (2 sent)
SchoolMail 2017: 59 (13 sent)
SCHOOL EMAIL 2018: 26 New (3 sent)
The new lockers still haven’t been installed. School’s off limits this weekend.

 -Went in to school, handouts updated and photocopied

 -Finished ConBravo 2017 Video Production 103 report
 -Completed CanCon 2017 “Computers Don’t” report
 -Completed CanCon 2017 Self-Pub & Writing report
 -Completed CanCon 2017 Romantic panel report
 -Completed CanCon 2017 Magic & Trek report
 -Completed CanCon 2017 transcriptions/bribery report
 -Thursday stArt Faire Comic Chat
 -Wrote short PD post on Projects last August
 -Wrote “Chanced Erasures 5” (near 2k)

 -Weigh-In & Train station Sun
 -Barrhaven camcorder trip Sun
 -Hawkesbury visit Mon
 -Vaccination shots Tues
 -Trip to Science&Tech Museum (legos) Thurs
 -Breakfast with friends Sat
 -1 Chapter of “Raising Your Spirited Child” (pg 280-310)
 -Lotus Prince’s “Corpse Party Blood Drive” (28 to 35/end)

 -Labour Day parade. BACK IN SCHOOL. Massage. Cemetery movie.

 -Recap for OAME 2018
 -Write a TANDQ article on Polling and Bias
 -Write a post about types of praise/encouragement
 -Catching up with web serials
 -Read some of the books sitting at my desk

RH Stress Level: 3 (Divine Buster, Extension)

No comments:

Post a Comment