Saturday 7 October 2017

Now Teaching: Week 5

Is my stress level back up to 8? I think I have to say it is, based on how tense I’ve been the past week. That sort of feeling where if something small goes wrong, you’ll snap. On the plus side, I’m caught up with my math courses, and have a location on the Ink & Insights Top 10 website now. Also picked up my comics (the store is moving later this month). On the down side, computer science, AGH. Also wrestling with “You Can Book” site for interviews, which has changed since everyone else signed up last year. Then there’s the weird side.
Previous INDEX Next

On Thursday night, me and Anne-Lise went to see "Sir John A: Acts of a Gentrified Ojibway Rebellion" at the NAC. Today I was reading a review in the Citizen as we boarded our Porter flight to Toronto. I made a comment to my wife about the review referencing the "bear spray" humour we'd also laughed at. The guy sitting in front of us on the plane turns, and asks if it was a good reference or a bad reference.

It's the playwright, Drew Hayden Taylor. Sitting in front of us, on the plane. Small world! We chatted briefly about his choice of the name "Hugh", the fact the play might not go over well in Kingston ("Friends don't let friends go to Kingston alone"), how it all came together ("Hugh" and "Drew" as song lyric substitutes), and one change made owing to vocal range of the actors. There's my brush with greatness for the next while. Go figure.

*
Item counts run Sunday (Oct 1) to Saturday (Oct 7).

Step Count 2016: About 55,800.
STEP COUNT 2017: Over 60,000. 16 stars.

THIS TIME LAST YEAR:
-Writing motivation stalled, car broke down, went to AFEMO french math conference.

SchoolMail 2016: 61 (2 sent)
SCHOOL EMAIL 2017: 216 New (24 sent)
We have completed DAY 24. (one being a PD day)



TEACHING RELATED ITEMS:
 There is really no point in itemizing this. On Monday I dealt with CS marks, etc. On Tuesday (after Cappies training afternoon) I finished my first set of 3U tests. On Wednesday I worked past midnight to be caught up in all my math, so that I could try to focus on CS this weekend. Yeah, how’s that working out for me? Well, JP gave me some hints during a break at PD. Also, my Annual Learning Plan is done, as are Progress Reports.
 -Pins: Maika, Mayu, Stardust, none, PD (none).

WRITING + ART RELATED ITEMS:
 -Coloured comics for Oct 2 and Oct 9.
 -Wrote an “Epsilon Project” serial entry.
 -Revamped Story Catalogue after Ink & Insights Top 10 placement

OTHER ITEMS:
 -Math Meeting Monday and Minutes.
 -Tuesday Yoga class.
 -Thurs, World Premiere @ NAC of “Sir John A: Acts of a Gentrified Ojibway Rebellion”.
 -Sat, travelled back to Southern Ontario

UPCOMING FOR SURE:
 -Wednesday Medical. Haven’t decided on CanCon yet. x.x

STUFF I MAY NEVER GET TO:
 -Recap for ConBravo 2017
 -Write a TANDQ article on Polling and Bias
 -Write a post about types of praise/encouragement
 -Read some of the books sitting at my desk


RH Stress Level: 8 (Starlight Breaker, Extension)

No comments:

Post a Comment