Saturday 19 August 2017

Now Teaching: Week -2

I will be coming back after a year away from teaching. There were nine weeks until the start of school (which is right after labour day) but any teacher who doesn’t come in at least once in the week prior to that (to figure out classroom setup, make photocopies, et cetera, all at no pay) is crazy. So if that’s “Week 0”, we’re at “Week -2”.
Previous INDEX Next

It was Marmalade week. After 17 years, I returned to a fanfic I’d left hanging in 2000. Sunday to re-read and re-format, Monday was 6+ hours of “Marmalade Boy” watching, Tuesday through Thursday was writing, Friday was editing. It took longer than I allocated, but once I realized what I had to do, actually less time than I thought.

Also this week, I determined that while I normally cringe after a couple hours in a social situation (family or otherwise), it’s not because I’m worried about my not getting work or marking done. It’s because I really am that flipping introverted. Anyway. I gotta start getting school organized, good thing that’s part of my “Might Never Do” List (that I seem to be working on anyway).

*
Item counts run Sunday (Aug 13) to Saturday (Aug 19).

Step Count 2016: About 55,700.
STEP COUNT 2017: Over 57,000. 23 stars.

THIS TIME LAST YEAR:
-I was pleased not to feel rushed on all the things on my To Do list. (Whelp.)

School Email Count: 2 New (1 sent)



TEACHING RELATED ITEMS:
 -Completed Processing lessons 3, 4 and 5. Still haven’t actually coded.

WRITING + ART RELATED ITEMS:
 -Completed “Marmalade Mercury” eps 14 & 15 (10k+ words).
 -Thursday stArt Faire Comic Chat.
 -Completed “MarmMerc” postlude document.
 -Finished the RWBY Vol 1 series scan.

OTHER ITEMS:
 -Dinner with friends Monday.
 -Yoga Tuesday.
 -Dining with in-laws.
 -Orchestre des Jeunes du 150e concert.

UPCOMING FOR SURE:
 -Medical appointment. And school stuff.

STUFF I MAY NEVER GET TO:
 -Recap for ConBravo 2017
 -Write a TANDQ article on Polling and Bias
 -Write a post about types of praise/encouragement
 -Organize all the paper clutter from school
 -Organize all the electronic clutter from school
 -Weed through/organize emails
 -French Citizenship project
 -Read some of the books sitting at my desk
 -Do an entire (illustrated?) series on “Bias”


RH Stress Level: 2 (Divine Buster)

No comments:

Post a Comment