Saturday 1 July 2017

Not Teaching: Week 52

This post ends it. A full year, 52 weeks of “not teaching”. Granted, there were weeks last summer with “Teaching Related Items” (I’ll need to bring back that category), and it’s been on my mind (and in dreams), but I haven’t lost sleep over it (that’s gonna change). So I tried to make a clear sweep of things this week, including dealing with some items from my “offline list”.

I’d wanted to watch Future Girl, a series of webisodes (3 eps of 8-10 min, plus an audio play and Curie’s Vlog entries from Oct 2016). Did that; here’s the Future Girl Trailer for you (debut was Feb 2016). It coined the lovely phrase “I wish I were me”. I’d wanted to see Sidekicks, a series of webisodes (6 eps of 8 min or less) starring people I knew, released Aug 2016. Did that; here’s some info from Manda’s blog. It all comes down to muffins.

Binging Anime (Index) is done, I watched 2 episodes (no more, no less) for the last 24 days. Granted, the Movie is outstanding, and the second series, but I need a break. I’m removing “Actually market some of my creative stuff” since I have joined some groups, and while that might not count, I don’t see anything more happening there. A “cat proof herb garden” (offline list) is not in the cards. JulNoWriMo is not going to be a thing, as I swing back towards teaching, so I’m glad I tried it in April.

Of note, everything had to happen before noon on Canada Day, including (random aside) apparently when I made Mandy’s day at the Pizza Hut Buffet by leaving a large tip when she offered to undercharge due to slower service, earlier in the week. Canada Day itself had relatives, then me identified as a “Hands On Citizen” downtown, a bus detour, a Math Shirt compliment in the Dairy Queen, getting home just before pouring rain at 7:30pm, then back out for fireworks. Yet the only post not queued was this one.

Mentally, I feel like the coming weeks will be different. Time will tell if that occurs. I can say that we’ll be shifting from “Not Teaching” to “Now Teaching”, in a negative countdown, much the way this started. Thanks for reading to this point. ^_^
Previous INDEX To NOW TEACHING-->

*
Item counts run Sunday (June 25) to Saturday (July 1).

Step Count: About 64,350. 22 stars.
Every day in June was 7500 steps or more. Stars have streaked since late March. I’m not sure if I’ve lost any weight, but I haven’t gained.

School Email Count: 52 New (4 sent)
Apparently I’m teaching Gr 10 CompSci in Sept. So that prompted some mailing for resources. No panic yet, but a meeting is planned for August.

Writing/Art Related Items:
 -Wrote “Epsilon Project” serial entry
 -Wrote, drew, inked and coloured strip for next Monday
 -Wrote an entry for eSpec’s under 628 word challenge on “Change”
 -Watched 10 “Magical Index” + 3 “Railgun S” eps and multi-blogged

Non-Writing Items:
 -Saw “Wonder Woman” movie with friends
 -Lawn Care and such
 -Dinner with friends Monday
 -Medical appointment Wednesday
 -Gathering with school staff members Wednesday
 -With relatives on Canada Day

POSSIBLE NEXT ITEMS:
 -Post recap about CanCon 2016 (from Sept)
 -Write a TANDQ article on Polling and Bias
 -Write a post about types of praise/encouragement
 -Organize all the paper clutter from school
 -Organize all the electronic clutter from school
 -Weed through/organize emails
 -Do another Parody Math Video
 -French Citizenship project
 -Binging Anime (RWBY borrowed from Scott)
 -Read some of the books sitting at my desk*
 -Complete old fusion fanfic (from the “offline list”)
 -Do an entire (illustrated?) series on “Bias” (from the “offline list”)

*There’s no way in heck I’m getting all those books read. Maybe I get through my comics at least.
Previous INDEX Next

No comments:

Post a Comment