Saturday 20 May 2017

Not Teaching: Week 46

I didn’t mention last week, but I got a rejection for a short story submission I’d tidied up and submitted earlier this year. Not really a surprise, I need more rejections before getting anywhere. Meanwhile, the high serial stat was unsustainable, though I hope the one person from Hungary sticks around for the end. Since Tartra’s review I’ve had it in my head to re-edit all of T&T, but have only made it through Book 1. The primary distraction being retyping old mathNEWS from before 2000, so at least that was productive (it’s something on my offline list).
Previous INDEX Next

In my spare time, I decided to collect all the “Guardians of the Galaxy” Doritos bags, since I already had a couple and noticed the contest expired this weekend. Gamora (Zesty) and Drax (BBQ) I had, Starlord (regular) was easy. So I tried Rocket (Sweet Chili Heat, nope, not again), Groot (Jalapeño, surprisingly less hot) and then Yondu (Spicy, in a bearable way). The Spicy didn’t seem to come in small bags, of course. (The Groot small bags, also not available at Shoppers.) Then saw the movie, so nice bookending.

*
Item counts run Sunday (May 14) to Saturday (May 20).

Step Count: About 57,550. 18 stars.
Variable! A couple days over 10k. Friday under 5k. Other days crept up to the 7.5k.

School Email Count: 70 New (1 sent)
Grad breakfast seems early this year. So is the Cappies Gala.



Writing/Art Related Items:
 -Watched 9 “Steins;Gate” eps and blogged
 -Re-edited T&T Book 1 (mostly for dialogue) and reposted
 -Wrote recap for AFEMO and posted
 -Retyped all old mathNEWS serial articles

Non-Writing Items:
 -Dinner with friends Monday
 -Read another chapter in Gleick’s “Time Travel”
 -Thurs met with Grocer supply, also got COMO boxes
 -More weeding of dandelions and mowed lawn
 -Saw “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2” movie

POSSIBLE NEXT ITEMS:
 -Heading to Anime North
 -Post recap about CanCon 2016 (from Sept)
 -Catch up with web serials I’ve enjoyed
 -Write a TANDQ article on Polling and Bias
 -Write a post about types of praise/encouragement
 -Organize all the paper clutter from school
 -Organize all the electronic clutter from school
 -Weed through/organize emails
 -Do another Parody Math Video
 -French Citizenship project
 -Actually market some of my creative stuff
 -Binging Anime (Magical Index)
 -Binging Anime (RWBY borrowed from Scott)
 -Read some of the books sitting at my desk

Tumblr’s dropped off the map. It doesn’t seem possible to keep up with everything.
Previous INDEX Next

No comments:

Post a Comment