Saturday 11 February 2017

Not Teaching: Week 32

This was effectively a school related week, for the highs (Jazz Night) and lows (former colleague passed away). So I’m back “up” on the gossip, and even met the person who is teaching my classes (Mr. Mok); apparently I have a Math 3U and a BTT1O course. Related, a “snow day” this week which had icy conditions but not terrible roads had less than 50 students in the building. Which is mind bending, since “snow days” are a myth (schools are always open). Also, when they re-keyed the school earlier this year, all classrooms on the ground floor are now the same key, possibly? Interesting.
Previous INDEX Next

When people ask what I’ve been doing, I’ve fallen into the habit of mentioning “a lot of writing”; I’m for sure over 100k at this point. Bev has actually been reading my “The Girl Who Spoke With Algebra” effort! She’s about 1/3 of the way in, likes the LGBT angle. I need to consider signing up for the school's 25th anniversary more seriously. Tangentially, when I went online to do a Provincial Benefits poll for bargaining, I didn’t have access. When I phoned, apparently OSSTF has me as inactive (versus on self funded leave?) with an old phone number... from before my marriage. Things aren’t very good at being sent up the line from where we are locally?


*
Item counts run Sunday (February 5) to Saturday (February 11).

Step Count: About 68,250.
I’m at 13 straight days of 7500 steps or more, with two days this past week over 12k.

School Email Count: 61 New (3 sent)
As I said above, Mr. Tapp passed away. So that was sad. But also, Jazz Night happened.




Writing/Art Related Items:
 -Responded to Serial Profile questions for FB Group
 -Started some T&T edits (splitting early parts)
 -Got about halfway through May’s OAME recap

Non-Writing Items for the past week:
 -Yoga Monday
 -Went to see Winterlude ice sculptures
 -Hung up items around the house & fixed the bed
 -Went to school’s Jazz Night dinner Thursday
 -Started reading James Gleick’s “Time Travel”
 -Went to visitation for recently departed former colleague

POSSIBLE NEXT ITEMS:
 -Post recap about OAME (from May)
 -Post recap about Math PD (from Feb)
 -Post recap about Anime North (from May)
 -Post recap about CanCon 2016 (from Sept)
 -Post recap about COMA Social (from Sept)
 -Split up “Time & Tied” into short parts
 -Catch up with web serials I’ve enjoyed
 -Write a TANDQ article on Polling and Bias
 -Write a post about types of praise/encouragement
 -Organize all the paper clutter from school
 -Organize all the electronic clutter from school
 -Weed through/organize emails
 -Do another Parody Math Video
 -Replace smoke alarms with Christmas ones
 -French Citizenship project
 -Actually market some of my creative stuff
 -Binging Anime (Magical Index)
 -Binging Anime (Steins Gate)
 -Binging Anime (RWBY borrowed from Scott)
 -Read some of the books sitting at my desk

I resisted buying 50% off the good cookies while shopping. Also me and Anne-Lise won’t do chocolates for Valentine’s Day. I’m trying to be good!
Previous INDEX Next

No comments:

Post a Comment