Saturday, 3 December 2016

Not Teaching: Week 22

So, I made all my deadlines from last week. Monday comic, T&T index with first ep cued up, daily Wattpad of my NaNoWriMo; even managed 5k words on Nov 30th. Because I do deadlines. Then I sort of bemoaned about it on Twitter. Then I got some responses.


Previous INDEX Next

Hadn’t exactly anticipated the response angle. SerFicDigest gave me a lead, TheWeirdTeacher gave me a shoutout (pumping Monday site views to a mind-bending 220+ and J Golden commented) and I chatted with C Burke and Rodriguez. Then at the NaNoWriMo after party I ended up in a discussion about people not hitting stride until after their first couple books (both J.K. Rowling and something to do with vampires) owing to world building or genre finding. (So I feel better about T&T.) I even got a couple comments on my T&T site.

So in theory I’m feeling better about things. In practice - my brain seems to be resisting somewhat. Teacher holdover for this time of year? Maybe still trying to parse what I need to get through this month? That being more writing, and medical things are happening again. On the bright side though, I think I’m free of CIBC. (They took over my MasterCard not long after I closed the account I never used, and recently changed it to a Visa; so I’ve been trying to get rid of it.)

Random factoid: Ottawa WriMos, 32% winners.

Item counts run Sunday (November 27) to Saturday (December 3).

Step Count: About 55,230.
Over 7500 until today. Out of the house twice but not much for steps.

School Email Count: 83 New (2 sent)
Much discussion about possible math conference/forum.


National Novel Writing Month went well...

Writing/Art Related Items (from Sun to Sat):
 -Wrote, drew, inked and published a math comic.
 -Drew and published Book 4 index for T&T
 -Kept up with Wattpad publishing of “The Girl Who Speaks With Algebra”

NaNoWriMo Words Etc:
 -TUE Nov 1: 2375. Nov 2: 890. Nov 3: 1917. Nov 4: 2156. Nov 5: 4442.
 -Nov 6: 2385. Nov 7: 403. TUE Nov 8: 2258. Nov 9: 2158. Nov 10: 1794.
 -Nov 11: 1523. Nov 12: 2840. Nov 13: 1989. Nov 14: 1711. TUE Nov 15: 2609.
 -Nov 16: 1160. Nov 17: 2444. Nov 18: 2298. Nov 19: 1148. Nov 20: 4380.
 -Nov 21: 685. TUE Nov 22: 3342. Nov 23: 1973. Nov 24: 3296. Nov 25: 2979.
 -Nov 26: 2000. Nov 27: 2460. Nov 28: 789. TUE Nov 29: 2386. Nov 30: 5029.
 -Verified Final Total: 67,819. Current Total: 71,739.
 -NaNoWriMo WriteIn on Sunday
 -NaNoWriMo “Thank Goodness It’s Over Party” on Saturday

Non-Writing Items for the past week:
 -Met relatives for brunch Sunday
 -Snow Tires on Car Monday
 -Dinner with Friends Monday
 -Trip out to buy, and then to mail card
 -Yoga Wednesday
 -School Christmas Concert on Thursday
 -Medical Appointment Friday
 -Brunch with Friends Saturday

PROBABLE PROJECTS in the coming week:
 -Medical Appointment Monday
 -Yoga Monday
 -Math Dinner Monday
 -School Arts Night Thursday
 -Want to finish NaNoWriMo effort
 -Respond to Writer Interview Questions
 -Possible serial fill-in for another author
 -Start work on Image Project

UNCHANGED NEXT items:
 -Post recap about OAME (from May)
 -Post recap about Math PD (from Feb)
 -Post recap about Anime North (from May)
 -Post recap about CanCon 2016 (from Sept)
 -Post recap about COMA Social (from Sept)
 -Actually turn this into more of a newsletter?
 -Catch up with web serials I’ve enjoyed
 -Write a TANDQ article on Decision Fatigue
 -Write a post about types of praise/encouragement
 -Organize all the paper clutter from school
 -Organize all the electronic clutter from school
 -Weed through/organize emails
 -Do another Parody Math Video
 -French Citizenship project
 -Actually market some of my creative stuff
 -Binging Anime (Magical Index)
 -Binging Anime (Steins Gate)
 -Binging Anime (RWBY borrowed from Scott)
 -Catch up more on “Bones” (no spoilers past S11.18!)
 -Get back onto tumblr.
 -Read some of the books sitting at my desk

I seem to be entering another busy period. Yes, November was light, what with spending a month writing 67k. I’m not sure how that works.
Previous INDEX Next

No comments:

Post a Comment