Saturday 6 August 2016

Not Teaching: Week 5

We are now past the tipping point of returning to school in September... but of course, I’m not returning to school then. I think the year off is finally sinking in, if only because I’ve started to actively procrastinate on certain things (in favour of other things), somehow aware that I actually do have more than 3 weeks to get the things done.
Previous INDEX Next

In light of that, I’m shaking up the format here. There will no longer be “Teaching Related Items” because the only things that would go there now are: blog posts (which fit in ‘writing’), council meetings (which don’t start for a while) and general work on courses (and I have too much other stuff ranked above that!).

There will also no longer be ‘MUST DO’ items, because if something can stay on that list for three weeks, it’s obviously *NOT* a ‘Must Do’ item!! Instead we’ll have ‘Probable Projects’, those being the things I am most likely to get to in the coming week. Appointments will still be in there, so it’s liable to be listed chronologically, versus ‘Would Be Nice’, which is (and always has been) listed with the most likely things on the top.

A couple final things to mention before shutting down the Teaching:
-Tina Cardone is looking to create a “Day In The Life” book, a chronicle of an entire teaching year from a number of people, so if that looks like something you’d be interested in, go check that out.
-Meg Craig made me one of her “Stars of The Week” over on her blog, following my cubic parody song. (I have a vague idea of converting more of those over the next year.) If you also want to recognize someone of the MTBoS, see this post for information and the button code.
Stars of The Week

Item counts run Sunday (July 31) to Saturday (August 6).

Step Count: About 46,500.
I seem to be settling into a habit of about 4 days being at/over 7,000 steps, and the others being me sitting at my desk writing. Ugh, not good, someone give me motivation to get more fresh air.


New Nanoha Battle, along with "lego"

Writing/Art Related Items (Sun to Sat):
 -Finalized Commentary 18 and wrote most of Commentary 19 for T&T
 -Cued up all remaining T&T posts on my serial blog for August
 -ReEdited through to the end of Book 3 (Part 70) for T&T

Other items (not teaching or writing) for the past week:
 -Met up with my family (and met my nephew for the first time)
 -Met with Doctor on Tuesday
 -Went to the Fools' "Pericles" play on Thursday with friends (then dinner)
 -Spoke with roofer on Friday
 -Saturday brunch with people for reasons
 -Saw the “Ghostbusters” movie, very funny!

PROBABLE PROJECTS in the coming week:
 -Math comic. Maybe. I dunno.
 -Yoga Monday
 -Anniversary... something! Yay for marriage!
 -Medical appointment Wednesday
 -Yoga Thursday
 -Home Food Delivery at some point in there
 -Oil Change for car
 -Finalizing the roof situation, if possible
 -Need to see about a meeting with my financial advisor
 -Renew my passport
 -French Citizenship project, for reals, oy
 -Catch up fully on “Sailor Moon Crystal” (3-4 eps left)
 -Post recaps about ConBravo (from July)



WOULD BE NICE items:
 -Sewing up some clothes
 -Catch up with #OttSlowChat on Twitter
 -Post recap about OAME (from May) (* DEMOTED *)
 -Recreate a buffer for my math comic... or just SHELVE IT?
 
Dom, me & Calluna!
-Post recap about Math PD (from Feb)

 -Do more editing on my T&T story
 -Catch up with web serials I’ve enjoyed
 -Write a TANDQ article on Decision Fatigue
 -Write a post about types of praise/encouragement
 -Post recap about CAN-CON (from Oct)
 -Read the ‘Craving Change’ book for Lifestyle Changes
 -Organize all the paper clutter from school
 -Organize all the electronic clutter from school
 -Weed through/organize emails
 -Actually market some of my creative stuff
 -Catch up on “Bones” (no spoilers!)
 -Get back onto tumblr... before everything changes after it’s sale
 -Read some of the books sitting at my desk

And that’s where I’m at, now that we’re OVER HALFWAY into the summer. Come back next week to see if I can actually get more of this stuff done. Comment with questions or motivation.


Previous INDEX Next

No comments:

Post a Comment