Saturday 16 July 2016

Not Teaching: Week 2

I am taking a year off of teaching. I’ve only had one full week out of the classroom, as part of this week was packing/planning for “Twitter Math Camp” (TMC), and I’m currently in Minnesota (if you couldn’t tell from the other posts on this blog).


Previous INDEX Next

At present I’m doing a MASSIVE amount of live blogging writing, so this post will be short and was mostly queued up before I left Canada.

Item counts run Sunday (July 10) to Saturday (July 16).

Step Count: About 70,500.
Every day over 7,000 and two days over 10,000 will do that; the camp is helping though the highest day was Wednesday when I took a walk to my closest comic book shop. And a run when the rain started.

Teaching Related Items (from Sun to Sat):
 -Finalized a “My Favourite” presentation
 -Desmos Pre-TMC Conference
 -First day of TMC


Here's my present location, a college dorm.

Writing/Art Related Items (from Sun to Sat):
 -Finished drawing/inking a math comic by Monday
 -Finished writing/drawing/inking next Monday’s comic too!
 -Wrote a short (950 word) piece of fiction based on a prompt
 -Wrote a post about where I do or do not fit into the MTBoS
 -Write a live blog post about the Desmos PreConference
 -This post. Yeah, maybe I’ll stop mentioning that.

Other items (not teaching or writing) for the past week:
 -Monday yoga session
 -Doctor related appointment on Tuesday
 -Saw 3 more episodes of “Sailor Moon Crystal” (Season 3)
 -Mowed Lawn and did some weeding
 -Various social items related to TMC

MUST DO items in the coming week:
 -Finalize recap post for JLVs session today
 -Finalize recap post for TMC sessions today
 -Recap post for TMC sessions on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday
 -Medical appointment on Wednesday
 -Psych appointment on Thursday
 -Start the process for French Citizenship
 -See about getting a roofer for reshingling
 -Post recap about OAME (from May)
 -Renew contract with Orkin, because ants

Some of that stuff needs to start getting DONE.


Done... once I've finished blogging anyway.

WOULD BE NICE items:
 -Sewing up some clothes (*New)
 -Catch up with #OttSlowChat on Twitter
TMC at Twins Baseball
 -Renew my passport

 -Recreate a buffer for my math comic
 -Organize all the paper clutter from school
 -Organize all the electronic clutter from school
 -Weed through/organize emails
 -Post recap about Math PD (from Feb)
 -Catch up with more web serials I’ve enjoyed
 -Write a TANDQ article on Decision Fatigue
 -Write a post about types of praise/encouragement
 -Post recap about CAN-CON (from Oct)
 -Do more editing on my T&T story
 -Actually market some of my creative stuff
 -Catch up more on “Sailor Moon Crystal” (no spoilers!)
 -Catch up on “Bones” (no spoilers!)
 -Get back onto tumblr
 -Read some of the books sitting at my desk

And that’s where I’m at, now that we’re halfway through July. Come back next week to see what got done.


Previous INDEX Next

No comments:

Post a Comment