The index of my 55 prior entries is below. Why? Read on.
Shouldn't I at least be writing the words in reverse, so that you, someone on the outside, can understand more of what you're seeing?
Moreover, doing that should not only force me to think more carefully, but is a better invitation for you to come inside, and see what else I have to offer. So, the time has come.
1) This blog will now be categorized, with three letter cues in the header. For entries related to Writing, look for WRI. For entries related to Mathematics/Math Instruction, look for MAT. For entries related to Teaching in general, look for TCH. For entries related to anything else (like reviews or opinion pieces), look for ETC.
2) This blog will now involve less first person writing by me. First, because I feel I'm better at imparting my thoughts through a narrative. Second, because doing so should help me to decide what's really necessary, or at least interesting.
|CARRIE WATERSON will |
handle the WRI and ETC
One more thing: There will be an additional tag, MIX, if more than one category applies, and it doesn't make sense to break it into two posts.
The best way to make the distinction clear is through examples, so I have classified all 55 of my prior entries below. This has the added benefit of being a junction point between my future entries, and the inherent randomness that the blog has been to this point.
Let me know if you have questions, or think something doesn't fit. The most recent entries are on top.
17) The Web Serial: Where
15) Variables May Vary - 2 (Notation)
14) Variables May Vary - 1 (Classifying)
11) Exam Daze (DITLife)
9) Math 4 Ever
2) Math Teaching Roundup - Part 2 (The Bad)
1) Math Teaching Roundup - Part 1 (The Good)
2) Ontario Teaching - Allegory 2004-2012
|"OOOOH. TEACHING, THAT'S WHAT IT'S ABOUT."|
"MY PENCIL WILL CONVINCE YOU OTHERWISE."
10) TIME TRIPPERS
12) Publicity Hows
9) Identity Crisis Online
|"PICK A CATEGORY!"|
"HEH, I, UH... CAN'T?"
Tag: MIX - Worlds Collide
9) Why Do You Blog? (Writing/Mathematics)
8) The Web Serial: Who (Writing/Mathematics)
7) The Web Serial: What (Writing/Teaching)
6) Seeking New Personifications (Writing/Mathematics)
5) Notoriety: Blessing or Curse? (Writing/Teaching)
4) Writers Make Poor Teachers (Teaching/Writing)
3) Week as Math Educator Roundup (Mathematics/Writing)
2) Doctor Who Series 7 Missing Scene (Writing/Review)
1) If You Build It... So What? (Teaching/Writing)
...and no, this is not an April Fools.