Friday 3 August 2012

Intro

Welcome to Mathie x Pensive (mathi expensive? math ie- cross pensive? math i+e times pensive?).  I am Mathie X.  Or possibly Gregory Taylor.  I felt like a needed a place to put thoughts which wasn't merely notes on a Facebook page.  It also needed to be a place that was kept separate from my "Taylor's Polynomials" series.  Ergo, new blog.

So what will I be writing about?  Most likely the following things:

  • Writing.  Completing JulNoWriMo was the deciding factor on starting this up, as I have a number of things I want to record related to it.  I've done lots of writing previously, starting with fanfiction way back in University.  (Or perhaps my time travel story from Grade 7?)
  • Math.  Anything that comes up which doesn't directly factor into my "Taylor's Polynomials" series, or involves thoughts on that series itself, I'll likely put here.
  • Reviews.  I used to write reviews, back when "Star Trek: Voyager" first came out, albeit only posted on the local Shad BBS.  I'm in awe of some people at Channel Awesome, where they have those who now do video reviews for a living.  So I may offer my opinions on things, likely connected to scifi/fantasy/anime/gaming related topics.
  • Current Events.  It's more rare, but sometimes I have thoughts about what's going on in the world, or in my personal life.

Since I am a high school math teacher, do not expect very regular updates during the school year.  Teaching (and extracurriculars) is busy enough even before my web series, let alone maintaining a blog.

That said, I'll be pretty active over the next week or two.  If you're looking for more information about me, I do have a webpage (that I really need to get around to updating).

Enjoy the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment