Saturday 15 July 2017

Now Teaching: Week -7

I will be coming back after a year away from teaching. There were nine weeks until the start of school (which is right after labour day) but any teacher who doesn’t come in at least once in the week prior to that (to figure out classroom setup, make photocopies, et cetera, all at no pay) is crazy. So if that’s “Week 0”, we’re at “Week -7”.
Previous INDEX Next

Not much has been done regarding the return to school this week. I’ve been reminded of the fact that my SmartBoard files are inaccessible from my laptop, the software’s only installed on my old laptop. It creates a strong temptation to just do things from school computers in late August. It’s also occurred to me - I’m bad at binging. I’ve done a whole set of posts about that (while watching anime). Yet grading papers (particularly around exams) requires binging, due to timelines and consistency. Could be why it can reduce me to tears.

The cleaning of the basement last week moved to tidying outside this past week. So stuff is getting done. Yoga’s back. Vacation plans with my wife have been made. I’ve been communicating via email with people/readers and feeling better about myself. And I also took the first step towards making a new math video. Not sure if that last counts as school related.

*
Item counts run Sunday (July 9) to Saturday (July 15).

Step Count 2016: About 70,500.
STEP COUNT 2017: About 65,500. 20 stars.

THIS TIME LAST YEAR:
-I was in Minnesota for “Twitter Math Camp”. My cubic formula song has actually done surprisingly well on YouTube over the last year.

School Email Count: 2 New (0 sent)
Apparently staffing info will be EMAILED this year, not snail mailed.



TEACHING RELATED ITEMS:
 -Not much, see above.

WRITING + ART RELATED ITEMS:
 -Wrote an “Epsilon Project” serial entry.
 -Wrote an RRL wrap-up post for Book 3.
 -Wrote Any ~Qs strips right into September.
 -Drew, inked and coloured strip for next Monday.

OTHER ITEMS:
 -ALL the sweeping. Driveway, deck, basement.
 -Cleaned the deck with suds and brush.
 -Installation of washer/dryer (and locating gas).
 -Yoga’s back on (Tues evenings)

STUFF I NOW MAY NEVER GET TO:
 -Post recap about CanCon 2016 (from Sept)
 -Write a TANDQ article on Polling and Bias
 -Write a post about types of praise/encouragement
 -Organize all the paper clutter from school
 -Organize all the electronic clutter from school
 -Weed through/organize emails
 -Do another Parody Math Video
 -French Citizenship project
 -Binging Anime (RWBY borrowed from Scott)
 -Read some of the books sitting at my desk
 -Complete old fusion fanfic
 -Do an entire (illustrated?) series on “Bias”


RH Stress Level: 1 (Evasion, Flier Fin)

No comments:

Post a Comment