Saturday 15 October 2016

Not Teaching: Week 15

You know you’re a math teacher when you spot scientific calculators for 50% off and buy them even though you won’t have cause to use them in a classroom for months. Unrelated, I’ve been musing about why the writing is going slower this month. Some of it is being preoccupied with other things (like Thanksgiving) but other times when I could write, I don’t. Maybe I can only do something for so long before needing to try something else?

Previous INDEX Next

Still not sure how October is going to play out. Hoping I can finish all T&T edits before NaNoWriMo. Not sure what else.

Item counts run Sunday (October 9) to Saturday (October 15).

Step Count: About 59,600.
Only about 2,750 on Wednesday, wasn’t feeling great. Tried to make up for it afterwards with two 10k+ days. Took 10 flights of stairs every time I visited at Chapel St.

School Email Count: 38 New (1 sent)
News of the week is that apparently the school is phasing out the automated phone system in favour of an email one. Also I got benefit update information in the postal mail, which I need to act on. Feels like mixed signals.



Writing/Art Related Items (from Sun to Sat):
 -Finished T&T Part 86 at last. Started 87.
 -Signed up on the NaNoWriMo site. (mathtans)

Non-Writing Items for the past week:
 -Meeting with in-laws, driving home
 -Met friends on Monday
 -Actually, social eating every evening except Thurs
 -Yoga Tuesday
 -Shopping (for card), picked up glasses, etc.
 -Tidied up property, eavestrough guard, etc
 -Finished reading stories in “Temporal Element II”
 -Got into the “Abyss” with the game I’m playing

PROBABLE PROJECTS in the coming week:
 -Anne-Lise’s birthday, yaay!
 -Call OTIP to figure out why I didn’t get a benefits email.
 -??? Just going to play this week out I guess.


Tidied from Week 13.
That is a computer running Windows ME.

WOULD BE NICE items:
 -Post recap about OAME (from May)
 -Post recap about Math PD (from Feb)
 -Post recap about Anime North (from May)
 -Post recap about CanCon 2016 (from Sept)
 -Post recap about COMA Social (from Sept)
 -Do more editing on my T&T story
 -Actually turn this into more of a newsletter?
 -Catch up with web serials I’ve enjoyed
 -Write a TANDQ article on Decision Fatigue
 -Write a post about types of praise/encouragement
 -Organize all the paper clutter from school
 -Organize all the electronic clutter from school

 -Weed through/organize emails
 -Do another Parody Math Video
 -French Citizenship project
 -Actually market some of my creative stuff
 -Binging Anime (Magical Index)
 -Binging Anime (Steins Gate)
 -Binging Anime (RWBY borrowed from Scott)
 -Catch up more on “Bones” (no spoilers past S11.16!*)
 -Get back onto tumblr.
 -Read some of the books sitting at my desk

No real concluding statement here.

Previous INDEX Next

No comments:

Post a Comment