Saturday 20 August 2016

Not Teaching: Week 7

Two weeks until school officially resumes. Meaning I would probably have enough time to pull off the rest of the recaps on this blog (stretching back into 2015), cue the serial on it’s blog through to the end of September, and then continue to stab at the math web comic blog week by week. If that sounds exhausting, welcome to my life for the last 10 years.


Previous INDEX Next

Okay, I exaggerate - I’ve only been writing serials for 5 years now. Still, there hasn’t been a day this summer when I haven’t felt like I needed to be getting something done. And you’ll see the “To Do” list is as long as it was in June! On the plus side, I haven’t felt actual GUILT for not doing things, like I do the other ten months of the year, but I swear it’s been 10+ years since I’ve thought “I have nothing to do today”.

Maybe that will actually be a thing at some point in my year off? Maybe. Dubious. Onwards!

Item counts run Sunday (August 14) to Saturday (August 20).

Step Count: About 55,700.
Monday was not good (2500) but all other days (excepting today) I managed over 8000. So, maintaining?

Saw the new "Trek" movie this week

Writing/Art Related Items (from Sun to Sat):
 -“In The Dark”, a short work based on a prompt at WFG.
 -More writing and editing in T&T Book 4, feels like it’s going slow.
 -ConBravo recap scaffolded, needs final edits, should go up this week.

Other items (not teaching or writing) for the past week:
 -Read my “Bill & Ted” comic books
 -Read the ‘Craving Change’ book for Lifestyle Changes
 -Got some sewing done
 -Passport photos and renewal accomplished
 -Yoga Thursday
 -Got bedroom and living room more tidied up
 -Still managing more of “Outlander” (reading while I’m walking now)
 -Saw the new Star Trek Movie (ST: Beyond)

PROBABLE PROJECTS in the coming week:
 -Yoga Thursday
 -Medical phone call
 -Finalizing the roof situation, if possible
 -Dealing with more of the recaps as listed below

Those two have a video web series that started today!
Go Check That Out!

WOULD BE NICE items:
 -French Citizenship project (* ONGOING, EXCESSIVE PAPERS IN FRENCH)
 -Catch up with #OttSlowChat on Twitter
 -Post recap about OAME (from May)
 -Post recap about Math PD (from Feb)
 -Do more editing on my T&T story
 -Catch up with web serials I’ve enjoyed
 -Write a TANDQ article on Decision Fatigue
 -Write a post about types of praise/encouragement
 -Post recap about CAN-CON (from Oct)
 -Organize all the paper clutter from school
 -Organize all the electronic clutter from school
 -Weed through/organize emails
 -Do another Parody Math Video (** NEW )
 -Actually market some of my creative stuff
 -Catch up more on “Bones” (no spoilers past S11.12!)
 -Get back onto tumblr.
 -Read some of the books sitting at my desk

And that’s where I’m at, still with that entire offline side-list that should get promoted onto here come September. Come back next week to see if I’m still around? x.x

Previous INDEX Next

No comments:

Post a Comment