Saturday 13 August 2016

Not Teaching: Week 6

We’re almost halfway through August; three weeks until Labour Day. I’m still actively procrastinating on recap writing by doing more messing around with serial writing. Some days it feels it can go either way, then it doesn’t... hoping that on some level, I decide I can’t put off the recap stuff indefinitely.


Previous INDEX Next

The personified math comic has been officially shelved, updates will be sporadic. I coded tags for the current series into “Google Analytics” on Aug 4th and (as I thought) Blogger was lying. There are days (like last Wednesday) with zero views. After five years.

There’s been TONS more activity with my serial this month (which is perhaps why I’m so motivated to keep working on it). I’m not sure if replying to various comments necessarily counts as writing items, but it’s making me realize I’m a slow writer, as compared to what I consider to be “average”. Also a slow reader. I seem to need breaks.

Item counts run Sunday (August 7) to Saturday (August 13).

Step Count: About 50,700.
I made a point of walking to Yoga both times this week, which popped me over 10,000 on Thursday. Which is good because it rained most of today (Sat) so I didn’t get my 7,000.


Desk hasn't changed, have this pic instead.

Writing/Art Related Items (from Sun to Sat):
 -Wrote, drew and set the math comic for last Monday
 -Started editing T&T into Book 4. Carving eps up into 4 parts, not 2.
 -Wrote some new passages for Book 4, mostly Chartreuse related

Other items (not teaching or writing) for the past week:
 -Yoga Monday & Thursday
 -Discussion with financial advisor
 -Cooked a nice Anniversary dinner
 -Caught up on “Sailor Moon Crystal”
 -Medical appointment Wednesday
 -Car oil change Thursday
 -Managed reading another 100 pages or so in “Outlander”
 -Saturday brunch with friends
 -Reorganized the pantry
 -Started back into "Bones" backlog with my wife.

PROBABLE PROJECTS in the coming week:
 -Read the ‘Craving Change’ book for Lifestyle Changes
 -Yoga Thursday
 -Finalizing the roof situation, if possible
 -Renew my passport
 -French Citizenship project
 -Post recaps about ConBravo (from July)


Trek from last month, I was pinged for Command then Communications.

WOULD BE NICE items:
 -Sewing up some clothes
 -Catch up with #OttSlowChat on Twitter
 -Post recap about OAME (from May)
 -Post recap about Math PD (from Feb)
 -Do more editing on my T&T story
 -Catch up with web serials I’ve enjoyed
 -Write a TANDQ article on Decision Fatigue
 -Write a post about types of praise/encouragement
 -Post recap about CAN-CON (from Oct)
 -Organize all the paper clutter from school
 -Organize all the electronic clutter from school
 -Weed through/organize emails
 -Actually market some of my creative stuff
 -Catch up more on “Bones” (no spoilers past S11.12!)
 -Get back onto tumblr.
 -Read some of the books sitting at my desk

And that’s where I’m at, still with an entire offline side-list that should get promoted onto here come September. So there's work to be done. Come back next week to see what happens?
Previous INDEX Next

No comments:

Post a Comment